Friday, October 26, 2007

Time for bed?

Rosemary has been reverting lately to an inability to stay asleep when put down in her cot. She ended up spending a lot of time in bed with us the last couple of nights due to waking up upset every time I put her down, even when I tried for an hour. Last night, however, I came up with a new technique to get her down. Once she's fallen asleep, instead of trying to put her down (which is a big height shift), I climbed into the cot and sat there with her sleeping on my lap for a bit. She gradually scooched down herself until she was completely lying on her cot, when I put her blanket over her. Then I climbed out. No trouble whatsoever, and I did it both times she woke up (yes, she still wakes up twice a night).

Great! It's always useful to have some extra methods up my sleeve to get her back to sleep. It would be much, much easier, though, if she was in a normal bed and not a cot. Don't think she's quite ready for that yet, especially as, when she does wake up in the night, she's always standing up holding on to the cot rails when I go in. Goodness knows where she'd end up if she could just climb down!

No comments: