Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I like, love, want, need...

Rosemary has recently developed more of an ability to express her opinions about things, foods, people, etc. Until recently it was just 'Have it.' when she wanted/needed something and 'I no like' when she didn't like/want something. But now she can use:
  • I like it.
  • I don't like it.
  • I love it.
  • I really do love it.
  • I want it.
  • I need it.
  • I really don't like it.
Probably two of the most common uses of these are:
  • I want some mummy milk.
  • I want some ice cream.
Last night, Chris and I found her increasing desires for ice cream quite amusing.
  • R: I want some ice cream.
  • T: Eat a bit more dinner, darling.
  • R: I really want some ice cream.
  • T: Well, she's eaten quite a bit, and she's not feeling too well. What do you think?
  • C: Yes, she's had a fair bit. What's the magic word, Rosemary?
  • R: Ice cream! I want the ice cream!
  • T: What do you say?
  • R: Ice cream!
  • C: When you want something, what's the word you say?
  • R: I really, really need some ice cream!
  • T: Puh, puh...
  • R: Puh, puh, please.
  • T&C: Well done, Rosemary!
It was the needing ice cream that amused us, of course. And after she'd gone to bed, I discovered that I also really needed some ice cream. :)

No comments: