Monday, June 16, 2008

You're so cute

Some new things Rosemary's been saying recently:
  • You're so cute/Aren't you cute?
  • How are you today?/How do you feel?/Are you well?
  • I feel fine.
The first time she used the first one (to my knowledge), we were walking home from somewhere and I was carrying her so that she was facing me. She grabbed hold of my cheeks and put her face very close to mine and said 'You're so cute.' I laughed so much that she kept on saying it all the way home.

She's starting to ask and answer questions and is working out how to answer in the affirmatively or negatively without just using 'Yes' and 'No':
  • R: Are you cute?
  • T: No, I don't think so. Are you cute?
  • R: Hmmm. No. I not cute.
  • T: No? Are you pretty?
  • R: I don't think so.
  • T: OK. Well, are you clever?
  • R: Yes, of course, Mummy!
She does change her mind about most of them, of course, so sometimes she's very cute, sometimes she's pretty, sometimes she's ticklish, sometimes she's happy, sometimes she's sad.

Ah yes, and talking of being sad, she now has a very funny fake cry, which she uses and then adds 'I'm crying', just in case you hadn't noticed.

No comments: