Wednesday, May 16, 2007

How to lose weight

One of the things I've been looking forward to in light of the amicable settlement of the vegetarian issue* is being able to share my cooking on a regular basis with someone other than the dog. Tonight, however, I received a chilling taste of the future as Rosemary held my smoked haddock baked in spicy tomato sauce to ransom. Throwing away her other food, she demanded all of mine in a voice like (squeaky) thunder, so much so that by the end I was licking the plate clean and eyeing the drop area around her chair hungrily. It's nice for one's work to be appreciated, but I wasn't expecting to be making double portions this early.


*Essentially, Rosemary is not vegetarian except for when Tasha's doing all the cooking. And even then I might pass her some beef jerky under the table. And later, if she decides to be vegetarian, I don't complain. This puts me under some pressure to prepare fantastic carnivore meals for the next 11 years so that the thought of dropping meat from the curriculum is anathema.

No comments: