Sunday, May 13, 2007

Sleeping

Rosemary has recently developed the habit of sleeping on her side. She doesn't always do so, but it's probably 70-80% of the time sleeping in her cot now. The first few times she rolled onto her side when I put her in her cot, I tried to roll her back, because I thought it was an accident and she would wake herself up. Oops. Of course, trying to roll her back woke her up most times!

One thing that does sometimes happen is that she rolls a bit too far and presses one of the buttons on her cot toy - usually the one that plays a nursery rhyme. Sometimes that wakes her up, but sometimes she doesn't even stir. Occasionally, she rolls right over the other way while sleeping and that wakes her up. Other times it causes her to stir and cry out briefly but she goes straight back to sleep, during which time I have crawled out of bed and made my way to her bedroom door, only to find I'm not needed.

It feels like she's growing up very fast. I'm not sure why I associate sleeping on one's side with growing up, but I definitely do. Now when I peer in at her sleeping in her cot (which Chris, incidentally, thinks is a creepy thing to do; I find it completely natural) I see a little girl more often than I see a little baby.

No comments: