Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Goodness me!

When Rosemary needs her nappy changed or is going to the loo, one of her cuddly toys usually comes with her, too:
  • R: I've got a poo.
  • T: OK. Let's go and change your nappy, then.
  • R: Hippo's got a poo, too.
  • T: OK. Well, you'd better bring him too.
  • R: Goodness me! What a big poo. Goodness me! OK, hippo. You lie down. Lie down! Now I'm wiping you. There you go, hippo!
  • T: OK. Very good. Hippo's all clean. Now it's your turn. Lie on the mat, please.
  • R: Oh no! Hippo's pooing again. I'll just have to change his nappy.
This can go on for a while, without some kind of intervention from me (sometimes bribery, sometimes distraction and sometimes getting cross).

The bit I love is the 'Gooodness me!'. It's only hearing her say it that I realise I say it a lot, especially when she has really messy nappy.

No comments: