Friday, September 26, 2008

Weaned!

Well, Rosemary is no longer having Mummy Milk.

This happened purely by accident. When she was under the weather, she fell asleep before getting home 3 days running, the first day she had a bit on waking, which she wouldn't normally have been allowed, but she was off her food, so the nutrients (and the antibodies, of course) were useful, so I demured. The second and third days she didn't ask for any on waking, or in the evening. The fourth day, Chris took her home while I went to have my hair cut, and managed to get her to sleep (not without a fight!). She did ask in the evening and I told there wasn't any left and she said 'Oh, OK.' Today she asked in the morning but, again, I said it was all gone, and she said 'OK.' and went off to do something else. She didn't have a proper nap though. She fell asleep in the buggy on the way home, but woke up when I transferred her to her bed and then spent the next two hours trying very hard not to go to sleep. But... she went to sleep at a more reasonable hour in the evening - and nice and easily.

We'll have to see how it goes with the napping - she's getting to the point where she sometimes doesn't have one, anyway, so maybe it won't be an issue. But however it goes, we can't resort to Mummy Milk, as it's all gone.

Hooray! Bring on the anti-histamines. (I'd say bring on the booze, too, but it's been so long since I've been able to drink more than one drink, I'd be hungover for a week, which is not something I'd enjoy.)

No comments: