Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sunday 5 November 2006

Happy Quarter Year Birthday, Rosemary

Sunday was a very sleepy day, probably because Rosemary caught my cold. She woke up very snuffly at 5.45am and I brought her upstairs so she could sleep in her chair. She had a quick 15-minute feed then went back to sleep until 9.45am, so almost another 4 hours.

She then had a nappy change and got into her day clothes, followed by a good long feed and a chatter in her chair. We then went out and about, as we hadn't been out for a couple of days, which isn't very good. I try to make sure she goes out at least once a day, even if it's just a quick walk down to the Co-op, though preferably something longer than that. We went to the Co-op and then up to see her Granddad for a bit. She fell asleep on the way there, but woke up the minute we got in his front door!

(I weighed myself while there and shouldn't really have done so as I had far too much chocolate cake this week - well, it was my birthday! - and had actually jumped up a bit in weight. Will leave off any weighing for a few weeks again, I think!)

After seeing Granddad, we walked down to meet Eva off the bus and then walked with her to Tesco. We got a bunch of shopping there. Mainly went there to get a snot sucker which I'd been told are sold in Tesco, but not in our Tesco, apparently. Will see if I can get one in Boots tomorrow and hope she doesn't need it tonight. Rosemary had fallen asleep almost as soon as we left Papa's building and she stayed asleep until we got home, though she did open her eyes a couple of times, which cheered Eva up.

She woke up as soon as we got in, though. Changed her nappy as it smelt like she'd done a poop, but it was just a smelly fart! And she chattered a bit with her Auntie Eva, which was nice. Then went and fed her on the sofa, before Eva went to meet up with Papa before heading home.

We went and joined Chris up in the office then and Rosemary fell asleep soon after then, at about 4.30pm. She then slept until 7.30pm, giving me the opportunity to get lots of work done, which was fortunate as I'd spent the whole time she was asleep in the morning uploading photos and videos and so on, instead of working as I should have been really. (Though I'm sure you all appreciated it!)

She then had a good long feed, followed by some chatting and singing in her chair with both of us. Then she got changed into her night clothes (still no poop - not that this is anything to worry about, just that I imagine it will be incredibly explosive when it does arrive!) and had a good wriggle on her mat first. She had a little mirror time with her dad (where she was looking at it his reflection in the mirror while he held her up to it and talked to her) and then some more time in her chair upstairs.

Since we needed to keep working, ideally, and because of her cold which seemed particularly bad when she was lying flat, we decided to see if she would sleep in her chair, at least for the first hour or two of the night, so that she could breathe more easily. She went off to sleep at about 10.30pm and slept there until 2am.

I actually went down to bed at 1am myself and left her sleeping upstairs with Chris, so I spent a whole hour asleep in a different room to her, and managed it. Chris changed her nappy and then brought her in to me when she woke up. She had a good feed, but was then wide awake and wanting to play. I think this may have been down to her waking up in a light room and then moving down to the bedroom. I expect that confused her. She did go back to sleep at 3.45 am, however, and slept until 7.45am, when she woke uo really full of snot, poor thing.
I don't think we'll put her to sleep up in the office at night again, as I think it's too confusing for her. She's got to a point where she settles really well in her crib at around 10pm every night and has two good chunks of sleep. Really don't want to mess with such an achievement!

No comments: