Monday, February 19, 2007

Mental development and/or narcolepsy

Rosemary fell asleep in my arms on Saturday night. A quietly remarkable event. We had been playing, she went silent, looked up at me and closed her eyes. So unexpected, I wondered why she was closing her eyes until, realising that she hadn't opened them again, I finally grasped that she had in fact dozed off.

This was, in its way, a momentous development even if it's not up there with walking, talking or writing a three-volume SF epic. It's definitely the first time she's done that with me, and additionally when Tasha has gotten her to sleep there's generally been feeding involved in some way, even if she's not feeding at the precise moment she nods off. This development open a whole new vista of possibility - namely, the possibility of me getting up at 2am to try to get her back to sleep while Tasha continues to snore her head off.

It did make me wonder, am I really going to be shocked when she does all the other things that she has a 100% chance of doing. I hope so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Test