Friday, February 09, 2007

She's talking...

... it's just, we have no idea what she's saying.

Seriously folks, in the last few days Rosemary's burbling has, on occasion, begun to sound very much like she's making actual words rather than just trying out different sounds. Tasha is convinced that she's trying to say 'mummy'.

What. A. Surprise.

I personally have no idea what she's trying to say and yet I'm convinced that she is saying something. How odd. It's something in the way she says it, the look in her eyes, that tells me that this is communication, not just random grunting and groaning.

In other news, puréeists may be pleased to know that, as Tasha has been eating vegetable stew the last couple of days*, so Rosemary has been getting mushed up vegetables - sweet potato, potato, courgette, parsnip and beetroot. Her response to this, and to solid(ish) food in general recently, has been very enthusiatic. Like Pavarotti and an all-you-can-eat-chicken-wing buffet, her shouts of FEED ME!!!!!** in between getting another mouthful are quite terrifying.


*My own dinners very definitely not suitable for translation to BLW.

**I'm translating, obviously. It's a sort of primeval, atavistic growlyelp. I think she may have learned it from the dog.

1 comment:

Coding Mamma (Tasha) said...

I thought there was a "bl" sound in there yesterday and, when I mentioned this to Eva, she suggested that perhaps whe was saying "blog"!