Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy

(Hopefully he won't read this until after he's opened his presents.)

Yesterday, we went shopping for presents for Chris. Of course, we had to get the obligatory cup, which Rosemary wants to buy for everyone's birthday, Christmas and Thursday afternoon. But, when we were in the RSPCA shop I suggested we go through to the book room to see if I could find any books for Chris. I thought she was just looking for books for herself in the children's section but, within about 10 seconds she'd come to me holding a small book. "Maybe Daddy would like this? I think he likes books like this one, doesn't he?" It was a small, thin book with the title Goblins Attack. While it is probably not anything he'd be inclined to read (as far as I know) I was so impressed that she recognised (presumably from the picture) that it was a genre that Chris enjoys, that I had to buy it.

No comments: